DC Public Library
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
ABOUT PUBLIC ART AT THE MLK LIBRARY:
The Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library celebrates public art as a tool for learning, growth, and connection. Permanent art in the Library building will honor Dr. King’s legacy and love of books by enhancing spaces for lifelong learning that are welcoming and accessible to all. This is the portal to apply to public art opportunities at the Library.
ABOUT THE LIBRARY'S MODERNIZATION:
The Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library, D.C.’s central library, has undergone a complete modernization. The transformed flagship library now features.
- a spectacular new, vibrant and transparent entryway
- sculptured monumental staircase
- a large auditorium and conference center
- creative spaces for fabrication, music production and art creation
- ground level café with patio
- double-height reading room
- newly designed special collections space
- a roof top terrace
The $211 million rehabilitation is now complete and open with limited services.
For more information on the MLK modernization, visit: https://www.dclibrary.org/mlkfuture.